8.22.2014

[Style Files] For Fall

For Fall 2014

Fall is by far my favorite season! As you can see here, where I managed to repeat myself with the first sentence. I swear it wasn't on purpose! I don't mind it getting cooler and crisper. I love seeing the leaves change and the emergence of pumpkin everything. However, I do hate that fall turns into winter, but that's for another post. Last year I mentioned already having a lot of greens and browns in my wardrobe, but I find that this year the colors are a little different (and also, a lot of what I had 2 years ago or even a year ago no longer exist!). I was all about the royal blue and gray for Fall 2013, but this year I'm goin' back to the basics. I love cognac and leopard and olive green. To put a fresher twist on it, I love mixing them together. So here's on my Fall 2014 List:
  • An Oversized Leopard Clutch- I'm on the hunt for an affordable one. I'm obsessed with finding it. I think the Clare V clutch is absolutely perfect. It's just a little out of my price range. I just love that I can imagine grabbing coffee with this thing in tow, bundled under cableknits and cargo jackets, but that I can also picture pairing it with a pair of killer heels and an LBD for a night out.
  • Cognac Booties- I'm obsessed with peep toe booties! I like the thicker heel (I'm not a heel girl, really) for comfort and how casual these shoes can be. They look great with a safari style dress and a pair of skinny pants. They'll also go all year as they'll look just as good with spring and summer clothes!
  • Cargo Jackets- The jacket style, vest style, olive green or khaki... I'm so obsessed with these. They just make an outfit so much more interesting. Definitely more casual--for the weekend trips or shopping days. Pair 'em over a sweater with a pair of dark wash jeans, flats or boots, and your favorite crossbody, and you're good to go.
  • Bags with Meaning- After working retail for 4 years, I've built up a healthy handbag collection. After getting back into blog reading more, I've discovered so many companies that make their bags with some sort of meaning, and I think it makes them so much more special. Like the Palette back feature above. It's from Angela & Roi (I don't know why the Polyvore link is saying Bluefy and Fendi....), and its purchase helps support Kidney Disease fighters. A&R's whole business model is based on donating a portion of their sales to different causes based on the color of the bag you buy. I just love that! 
  • Leopard Loafers- These are kind of classic for me now. I've had a pair in some variance for the past three years. They're basically perfect!
What's on your fall list?

No comments :

Post a Comment