10.20.2014

On the Lilly Pulitzer Agenda


When it comes to picking out an agenda, I am by far the pickiest person in the entire world. I don't think I even get this picky about my clothes or food or shoes... Everything from the size to the number of lines per day to the paperweight of each page. I kid you not, I'm pretty much a brat. I know what you're thinking, "You're only saying this to talk up the LP Agenda, which is seriously so overrated and in the hands of every sorority girl ever, Plus all those Lilly Pulitzer fans who can't actually afford their absurdly expensive clothes." Wrong. And how judgmental! I'm talking to you about the LP Agenda because I appreciate the sheer work they put into it each year, and it is so far the best agenda I've owned.

Let's take it way back to seventh grade when I started really using the agenda my school gave us. It was the size of a normal piece of paper, so it fit perfectly stacked in with all my other books. Each day was laid out neatly with the top half for homework assignments and the bottom half with times (if my memory serves me correctly). I loved that it shrunk to a smaller size in high school, and I used to write out my assignments and To-Do's with a little box to check off in the corner. My day was pretty much ruined if someone decided to be obnoxious and write their birthday or something and take up the whole freaking space, and I absolutely refused to color all over my agenda in attempt to cover the pretty boring picture on the front. In high school I eventually transitioned to other agendas (though I can't remember which), and this led to college where we no longer received free ones anymore. I can't remember what I used freshman year, but I know I made up my own in a blank journal the summer beforehand. I do remember seeing the LP Agenda and toying around with the idea for a while. I may not like prints in my clothes, but I do love a pretty journal.


Finally, I was shopping at the mall and decided to roam about in the LP store just for kicks when I decided to get the LP Agenda for Aug 2012-Dec 2013. It was pink and green (my favorite combination), and I had yet to find the perfect agenda. Plus it had cute little stickers! I used and abused it until December 2013 when, in the midst of applications, my job schedule, theses, homework, internships, and job searches, I needed more space. Much, much, much more space. So I bought a huge one from Target for 2014, back to the size of my middle school ones. And that was honestly beautiful and laid out so nicely. Until about April or May when most of this work was finished, and I had way too much space for my agenda. Plus, I had stopped carrying my tote and started carrying my purse again, so it no longer fit.

Then came the LP Agenda once more as July rolled around. And returning never felt so good. They revamped the prints inside, and it's even more gorgeous than the first one I got. There's more than enough lines day to day, plus all the extras are perfect. I don't think it's very pricey ($28) considering you can use it for 1 1/2 years, and it's a nice agenda.

xoxo,

Samantha Elisabeth

No comments :

Post a Comment