Here it is! Inspired by Mackenzie Horan's list. After doing one for graduation (and crossing off a good bit!), I promised myself for my Post Grad Life that I'd do the real thing and make a 101 in 1,001 days list. A mixture of bucket list and to-do, here is a personalized list for me to accomplish in the next 2.75 years of my life.
- Live in three different places (Home- May 2014-October 2014, Namwon (남원) October 2014-)
- Travel to at least half the US States (Alabama, Alaska,
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming) 10/25.
- Travel to at least 3 sites of the Ancient World Wonders (Great Pyramid of Giza, Hanging Gardens of Babylon, Statue of Zeus at Olympia, Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, Colossus of Rhodes, Lighthouse of Alexandria)
- Travel to all the of the new World Wonders. (Great Wall
of China, Petra in Jordan,
Colosseum in Italy, Chichen Itza in Mexico, Machu Picchu in Peru, Taj Mahal in India, Christ the Redeemer in Brazil) Take at least 5 weekend getaway trips (Pittsburgh: 9/19/2014-9/21/2014, WAC: 8/4/2014-8/7/2014, Jeonju: 10/17/2014-10/18/2014, Seoul: 10/14/2014-10/16/2014)
- Go back to Spain.
Visit SoCal. (August 8-16, 2015)
- Go skiing again.
Go hiking at least twice.
- Go ice skating.
- Go boating once (seriously, I lived by the Bay for four years, and, besides classes, I never went out!)
Spend time in Seoul again.
- Read two full Spanish novels.
- Become at least conversational in Korean.
- Watch 3 Spanish TV shows in full.
- Read all the Jane Austen novels (Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility)
- Read twenty good books. (1. Me Before You, 2. The Book Thief, 3. Shanghai Girls, 4. The Secret History, 5. Paper Towns, 6. The Spectacular Now, 7. Bitter Greens, 8. The Wild Girl, 9. The Beast's Garden)
- Subscribe to the following magazines and journals: The New Yorker, Porter Magazine, McSweeney's, The Cherry Tree, Vogue, Elle, Hyphen.
Use my library card.
Physical Improvement (1/10)
Get rid of coffee habit altogether. Start using my Clarisonic.
- Get back to my freshman year body and weight (around 145).
- Become a regular runner (run at least 4x a week for a few months straight).
- Enter & run in five 5ks.
Drink water every morning as soon as I wake-up for a month straight.
- Go to bed before midnight during the M-F week for a month.
Create a daily make-up routine. Treat myself to a day at the spa.
- Get a routine of waxing and pedicures.
Money Matters (3/14)
- Stay on my standard loan payment track.
Invest in a DSLR.
- Invest in a black handbag.
Set-up an Ebay store to sell all old clothes (or Etsy). Invest in the perfect tablet.
- Buy Photoshop for a good reason.
- Invest in a cashmere sweater.
- Buy an Everlane Petra bag.
Invest in a travel journal. Find the perfect agenda book.(The Lilly Pulitzer Agenda!) Invest in a pair of running shoes.
- Invest in a pair of heels.
- Put $20 towards my loans for every task not completed.
- Write a novel.
Grow my personal brand.
- Start writing for a magazine or something online.
- Go to some sort of conference or summit.
- Submit to a literary journal.
Put together my dream travel website. Start an interview series on my blog. Start taking outfit pictures again. Write at least one text heavy post a month (aka a post with in depth meaning). Completely update and organize my Linkedin profile.
- Host some sort of giveaway.
- Send my grandmother flowers at least once.
Send my mom flowers at least once. Create my own family tree.
- Adopt my own kitten.
- Send my friends still at WAC at least one present a year until they graduate.
- Have at least one sorority family get together.
Send my g-little a ZTA package!
- Have five photoshoots with friends (1, 2)
- Join a ZTA alumnae group
Go with friends or on a date to an amusement park.
- Go on a date.
- Have a pen pal.
- Throw a dinner party.
Artsy Stuff (0/9)
- Buy more illustrations from Etsy for my future apartment.
- Create my own stationary.
- Use a letter press again.
Decorate my first apartment. Start buying fresh flowers.
- Fill up a sketch/watercolor book.
- Learn calligraphy.
- Print out Polaroids
- Create a scrapbook of college.
Purely for Me (0/17)
- Go to a Fashion Week.
- See all the Grace Kelly films.
- Go to another Taylor Swift concert.
- Organize my jewelry.
- Do something absolutely crazy.
Completely clean out my wardrobe.
- Have some sort of marathon.
- Go to a Soshi concert.
Go dancing at a club again. Look into potentially getting an itty bitty tattoo.
- Find out my blood type.
See an opera.
- Ride a mechanical bull.
- Watch 5 documentaries.
For the Mind/Soul/Whatever Part Wants to Give (0/7)
- Donate hair once more.
- Get involved in a charity about which I feel passionate.
- Do something randomly nice at least once a month.
- Make a bimonthly happy list.
Go to church regularly.
- Actually donate blood this time! (Last time I tried, it snowed!)
- Go on a service trip of some sort.