9.19.2015

Zimmermann S/S 16

By far my favorite collection for the S/S 2016 fashion shows thus far. I love the unapologetic romance of the cuts, the necklines, and the details. Nicky and Simone are actually getting me to like choker necklaces with their delicate, lace versions paired with the higher, Victorian-esque necklines. Inspiration for this show comes from an children's book called, Seven Little Australians, published in 1894. Nicky Zimmermann said, "I love the idea of an underlying naughtiness with these classic fabrications," and Vogue's Nick Remsen observes a balance between formal and easy in his review.

Agreed. Can't wait to see how these looks will be worn everyday. There is something easy about the way the dresses are cut, like maybe I could see myself throwing one on with mussed up hair and flats or even Chucks for a day around town.

Images from vogue.com and zimmermann-sydney.tumblr.com

No comments :

Post a Comment