10.29.2014

[The Insta Life] Goodbye, Hello

This Insta Life is dedicated to the ending and beginning of two very different chapters of my life. Saying goodbye to my college years and hello to my young adult years. It was a rocky finish there at the end (at least for me), so this new "hello" has been a lot of focus on the good and the happy. More on me and what I want and less on others and what they want. I'm half way across the world right now with a new beginning and a fresh start. Everything and everyone I know is back on the east coast of the U.S. S

So. Goodbye.
And. Hello.
  • The Reminder: Happiness is often a choice, and there are days you have to push yourself towards it. I'm not saying be Sally-Freaking-Sunshine 24/7, but try for a solid balance in her favor. I'd rather hang with Sally than Negative Nancy any day of the week. Stop looking for faults or problems, stop focusing on the bad, and push yourself to look at the good. Every cloud's got that silver lining, right? I know sometimes you've gotta wallow or shout, but don't let it consume you. I just thought this coffee cup was such a nice reminder of all of that.
  • Brunch in the Burgh: From my trip to visit my big. We went to this great brunch place in Pittsburgh called Eden's. It's vegetarian and all about healthy, all natural, wholesome food.
  • Salted Caramel Ice Cream: From Stam's in Chestertown from my visit back to college before I left. Let me just tell you, your life is not complete if you never have salted caramel ice cream. It's amazing.
  • Bye, Bye, Chester: Saying goodbye to my favorite spot in all of C-town. The rare times I did run, I ran to this spot and back (and my ran, I mean walked). It's such a gorgeous sight. Sometimes, especially when the stress or exhaustion caught up to me, I'd just drive down here day or night and just sit. Goodbye to the chapter I call, "College." 
  • Hello, Namwon: And hello, the chapter I call, "Namwon." I don't know how long or short you'll be and who the characters are just yet, but I'm excited! Also say hi to this adorable dog, Buster. He's so stinkin' cute!
  • The traditional: I got lost walking home from one of my schools (nothing new), and it was raining, and I was wearing skinny jeans. But, I got to see this sight, and it wasn't so bad after all.
  • The countryside: Another sight waiting for the bus from another school. Namwon is in the mountains, and it's beautiful. Seoul is wonderful and all, but this was one of the reasons I wanted to be in the countryside. 
  • Goguma: I came right when all the sweet potatoes were ready to be picked. How cute is this?! The elementary schools take time to have the kids go out and pick sweet potatoes that I assume they planted earlier in the season. I just thought it was too. cute. for. words.
  • Good Morning: From my bike ride to school the other morning. It was foggy this today, so I didn't get the pretty view! Apparently in the spring there will be cherry blossoms lining the river! 

No comments :

Post a Comment