3.09.2013

Obligatory About Me Post

Hello! My name is Sam, my pen name is Samantha Elisabeth (the "g" in the url stands for my last name!), and this is my 19394809x attempt at blogging. I know, I'm that blogger. Don't worry. This time around, I'm more worried about documenting my times in college before they slip away and less about making this blog a "thing" or how many comments or followers or whatever made me get annoyed and bored before. So, here it goes. A few pointers about me!
  • I am a contradictory person. I also change my mind so often, even I can't always keep up.
  • I love, love, loveeee traveling. I recently spent my fall semester in Madrid, Spain, and I basically bounced all over the map. You can see that documented in this blog, here.
  • I also really adore cats. Like I just made up a Broadway-esque song in the shower about why I'm a cat lady. I seriously wish I was kidding. I don't have one, but I wish I had many...
  • I can speak Spanish. Es verdad! Mis clases en Madrid eran en espaƱol, y lo he estudiado para siempre. I used to attempt to translate my blog posts.
  • I can also speak very, very little Korean, but I can read it! I just don't know what I'm saying most of the time...
  • I'm a girly-girl to the core. Pink is my favorite color, and even though that fact embarrassed me in second grade, I'll stick by it 'til the end.
  • I do like working out. I've been a competitive swimmer since I was a tiny little thang, and I'm on this gym kick right now in the off season. My goal is to be able to run a 5K straight!!
  • I secretly think Leonardo DiCaprio and I are soul mates. Not necessarily in the romantic sort of way (though, you know, I wouldn't be opposed...), but in the way that Lena from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants thought she and her grandfather were. These are the things I think about at night!
  • I own a shirt that says Sam-I-Am, and if you don't understand why that's funny, we can't be friends.
  • Did I mention I'm an English major? 
  • Did I also mention that I'm in a sorority? 
  • Oh, and I seriously love hipster things. I had these amazing hipster glasses in Spain, and I left them there by mistake! 
  • I also wish I owned the grumpy cat. She's too precious for words.
Okay, that's it for now! I'll probably come back to this list. I know it's not very concrete, just random facts about me. You'll discover more, I suppose, as we go on!