11.28.2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

As Turkey day draws to a close, I am sitting in non-matching sweats back in my college apartment in anticipation of working a 12 hour shift tomorrow. I'm about to go to bed in hopes that I manage to wake up early enough to attempt a little workout before I go off to serve the crazy shoppers of Black Friday. If being home and collecting winter clothes means anything, it means I am quite a bit plumper from this time last year, and I have no money or desire to replace my current wardrobe with larger sizes, so gym and portion control need to take a larger place in my To-Do List. 

Anyhow, before I close in for the night, I just want to take a moment to say how thankful I am for everything and everyone in my life. This past Tuesday marks my twenty-first anniversary of being in this country, and I could not be more thankful to be raised in the United States of America by the family that I have. Lord knows who I'd be elsewhere in the world! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you don't worry too much about the crazy shopping tomorrow! Take a moment, breathe, embrace your family because you never know what's going to change next year.

No comments :

Post a Comment