6.12.2014

Everything Oatmeal

Listen, I used to be the chick who hated oatmeal when I was younger. It was too thick, and while the first few spoonfuls taste good, it got old quick. My brother's ex-girlfriend turned me onto a recipe, though, that pretty much made me addicted to the stuff. Fast forward to the end of this past school year when I was cleaning out my apartment kitchen and found a superfluous amount of crushed walnuts and coconut flakes. I experimented a bit and discovered perhaps the most delicious oatmeal. ever. I don't use measurements. Just put in as much as you find tasty (except keep it minimal on the chocolate chips!).

Ingredients:
  • Oatmeal
  • Skim milk (or whatever milk/alternative you prefer)
  • A small scoop of peanut butter
  • Small handful of chocolate chips
  • Coconut flakes
  • Crushed walnuts (I'm allergic to almonds, but they'd be good too!)


Directions: 
  • Fill bowl with oatmeal and milk (make sure you don't add too much milk!). 
  • Add the rest of the ingredients as you wish. 
  • Heat up in the microwave for a minute. 
  • Mix everything together, and eat up!

Easy, huh? It's so good too. If you just take the coconut flakes, crushed nuts, and chocolate chips, they make a delicious snack as well.

No comments :

Post a Comment