12.30.2014

Healthy Sweet Potato Brulee

Adapted from My Fitness Pal & Skinny Taste
So for Christmas, I had to make something for the different dinners I went to, and I was scratching my head trying to think of something fairly easy and not so reliant on an oven since I don't have a proper one here. Lo and behold, I log into my e-mail to find a My Fitness Pal recipe for Mashed Sweet Potato Brulee. And, whadda know? My grocery store was having a sale on sweet potatoes! After reading through the ingredients and discovering I could easily find all of them at either Hanaro Mart or E-mart, I decided to go ahead and give it a try. I think it came out quite nicely, don't you? It tastes really good as well, and you can feel a little better knowing it's healthy! 

I N G R E D I E N T S:
  • 6 Cups Mashed Sweet Potatoes
  • 3/4 Cup 1% Milk
  • 3 Tablespoons Light Butter
  • 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
  • 1/4 Teaspoons Cinnamon
  • 1/8 Teaspoons Nutmeg
  • 1/2-3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar

D I R E C T I O N S:

Mash the Potatoes: 
  1. Cut a line into the skin around the circumference of each potato. 
  2. Boil water and add a pinch of salt.
  3. Add potatoes. Boil for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
  4. Remove potatoes and place in ice water for 10 seconds.
  5. Peel off skin. You can just use your hands to rub it off.
The Brulee
  1. Mash the potatoes in a 9x9x1 inch pan. I just use a beater to mash them.
  2. Mash in butter, milk, and salt.
  3. Sprinkle in the cinnamon and nutmeg. Finish mashing.
  4. Sprinkle brown sugar over top.
  5. Microwave until sugar is caramelized. My Fitness Pal suggests broiling for 2 minutes, but I don't have an oven, so microwave for about 5-7 minutes. If you do have a blow torch, you can always caramelize the brulee the actual way. 
  6. Serve!

No comments :

Post a Comment