12.24.2014

The Magic of NYC at Christmas

From last year!
New York City will always hold a little bit of magic for me no matter what. From my very first visit in tenth grade to my most recent pop in this past summer, I've loved this city. The fast pace, the crowds, even the occasional odd smell... all of it. I may have determined that living here is probably not going to happen (never say never, though, right?), I know it's cliche to love New York City, but just spend a day there and you'll see what I mean.

By far my favorite time to visit is around Christmas (it's really humid in the summer). I went with my high school twice, and last year I went with friends to celebrate their birthdays. It's cold, but you kind of forget the chill rushing up against your skin the moment you see the city decorated. Bonus points if it's snowed! Embrace being touristy--it's okay. Go see the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall, score some sweet tickets to the Nutcracker, snap a pic in front of the Rockerfeller tree... Look up somewhere else to go ice skating though, there are other rinks that are just as nice without the crowd.

My recommended place to eat will always be Serendipity. The most I've had to wait is 2 hours, and you can easily wander off into Bloomingdales for some window shopping (or real shopping if you're not a broke college kid). The 2 hours fly by, and sometimes you wait even less. Don't eat a lot in the morning, so you can stuff yourself with this delicious food. And no matter how cold you are, get dessert! Soak in this wonderful city in the most magical time of the year. So wishing I could pop in this year!
Throwback to my first NYC Christmas

No comments :

Post a Comment