2.03.2015

How to Make a Smoothie Bowl

Guys, these things have revolutionized my life. I have to teach you all how to make a smoothie bowl. I'm not even fancy about it, but I plan to get more creative when I come home from vacation and order off iHerb.

Did you ever spend a bunch of time cutting up fruit and blending all these ingredients just to finish your smoothie in five minutes? So much prep for so little satisfaction.

Well, I've been drinking smoothies a lot since I'm doing Herbalife, and I found myself getting bored with them. I was scanning my instagram feed and kept coming across pictures of smoothie bowls. Of course, I was intrigued, and I quickly looked up the most idiot-proof way to make one.

I N G R E D I E N T S:

  • Four or more strawberries
  • One sliced banana
  • A handful of sunflower seeds
  • Ice  
  • A splash of milk
  • (opt) Protein Powder (for this recipe, I used the 2 scoops of the Vanilla Shake mix and 1 scoop of the Apple Fiber mix)
  • (opt) Blueberry or Strawberry Yogurt

D I R E C T I O N S:

  1. Put all the ingredients in a blender. I like to put the milk and powder in and mix just to avoid the powder sticking too much to the sides. Then add the yogurt, a few slices of banana, two or more sliced strawberries, and the ice. 
  2. Blend until it's all together, and pour into a bowl. While blending, be sure to add a good portion of ice and keep the milk to a low so the consistency is just a little thicker than a normal smoothie. 
  3. Decorate! I cut two strawberries into three or four slices and laid them out like a flower. I then cut four thin slices of banana (and popped the rest in my mouth) to decorate with and sprinkled the sunflower seeds accordingly. 
Done! How easy is that? And you eat it with a spoon, maybe some green tea, and it's like eating a ice cream but fresher and with more flavors. I can't wait to experiment with different ingredients (coconut flakes, anyone?!). 

Let me know if you have any tips on how to make a smoothie bowl, and feel free to share your own recipes in the comments below! I can always use inspiration.