8.03.2014

Let's Be Frank

So, if you follow me on Instagram, you know I finally bought some frank body scrub! I literally just got done trying it out, and I'm so obsessed I'm writing this post now instead of waiting a month or so. Being obsessed with my skin and being in love with exfoliating (no matter how silly my tenth grade biology teacher said it is!), I was intrigued by this scrub, so I looked it up via its website, social media outlets, and some nifty frank body scrub review searches. 

You all know how much of a sucker I am for good marketing, and I'm totally obsessed with frank's social media strategy, done by their creators, Willow & Blake. I don't really think I've seen exfoliation have this sexy of a campaign, but it works. The biggest draw is most likely its Instagram (@frank_bod) as it has close to 400,000 followers and just over 3,000 posts. It goes between posting its favorite "babes" in bathtubs or swim suits to showing the different ways people have posted their own take on using the frank scrub. It encourages new users to use the #letsbefrank or #thefrankeffect hashtags for their pictures. Now, I'm not one to totally be bought with marketing, so I did my research to see what all the fuss is about, and what I found it is what convinced to buy my first package.

What does frank promise? It promises that it is an "all-natural coffee scrub for your body- an exfoliator that targets skin conditions such as cellulite, stretch marks, eczema, acne, and psoriasis. He's made with fesh coffee grinds and other natural ingredients." Okay, interesting, but not groundbreaking. However, I love that there's a separate instagram (@frankfeedback) to showcase some incredible before and after pictures to show just how well the scrub works on all the issues it promises to target. That's what totally sold me--these pictures uploaded by very real individuals. Scroll through and see!

Is it expensive? No! That's the best part. frank coffee scrub comes in three different types: the original (comprised (sweet almond, orange, etc) for $14.95, the coconut & grapeseed version for $17.95, and the cacao version for $16.95. Each package is about 7 oz, and using it 1-2 weeks should last you roughly a month. Also depending on where you live, you can get free shipping
My experience: I literally just used it, and I have never felt my skin feel so smooth. I even use those Italy cloths from Korea often (I had my friend grab me some when she went home over winter break!), and I'm all about DIY scrubs and whatnot. I've developed a few skin issues from the constant sun and chlorine exposure I had growing up (or I'm just anal about perfect skin...), plus I have serious stretch marks all over my hip and thigh areas from weight gain, so I was intrigued by the scrub's promises. After one use I love it! I can't wait to see what happens a month or so from now (I'm going to need to stock up in Korea!). I got the coconut & grapeseed one since I'm allergic to almonds and the other two have almond oil in them.

Basically, I took my normal bath in lavendar epsom salts for about 30-40 minutes. Then I drained the tub, put on some music, and closed the curtain to use the scrub. Let me just warn you, people aren't joking when they say "down and dirty." It's a messy scrub, and it'll get all over your bathtub! Don't worry, it smells absolutely delicious and that smell lingers on your skin afterwards. I spread it all over (face included) and waited ten minutes before rinsing it all off in the shower. I then put on lotion, and I'm sitting in bed feeling as smooth as a newborn baby's bottom. 

So, TL;DR try this scrub! You won't regret it! 

No comments :

Post a Comment