9.09.2013

Inspirational Monday...

You know, for as much as we push girl power in our society--to the point where sometimes I even roll my eyes--, I find that somehow it's still necessary. And not just for girls, for both parties. Something like individual power. If someone's hurting you? Speak up. If someone's being mean to you? Speak up. If someone is taking advantage of you? Punch them in their awful face. I'll probably write a more extensive article on this at one point, but for today I'd like to share some things I've found to be a inspirational when it comes to inspiring individual power. I love that these are top 40 songs right now!

Sarah Bareilles' "Brave"
"And since your history of silence
Won't do you any good,
Did you think it would?
Let your words be anything but empty.
Why don't you tell them the truth?"

Katy Perry's "Roar" 
"Now I'm floating like a butterfly
Stinging like a bee I earned my stripes
I went from zero, to my own hero."

Happy Monday! 

No comments :

Post a Comment