4.19.2014

23. Run a Whole 5K

So last weekend after spending Friday into Saturday at Relay 4 Life, I woke-up late morning Saturday to drive with my sorority sisters down to Ocean City, MD to participate in Susan G Komen's Race 4 the Cure Sunday morning! And, I managed to run a whole 5K (or 3.1 miles)! It was the first time I ran the whole thing, and even my mom didn't believe me when I called to tell her. Below are some pictures from the morning. It was such a blast, and I'm so proud breast cancer awareness is ZTA's philanthropy.
Signing the pink truck!
Doing warm-ups with the local Cross Fit coach. Can you see me squatting?
My chapter won the most participants for a collegiate team!
Fam o jam :) My big was off getting a fancy Chemistry award!
After we finished!
My friend from studying in Spain came and ran with us!
It was so worth the 6 am wake-up call! I'd like to look into running more 5Ks in the future.

No comments :

Post a Comment