2.11.2015

9 Recent Romantic Movies for Valentine's Day

If you're planning on movie marathoning Valentine's Day to escape the cold and cuddle with your boyfriend/girlfriend/pet/stuffed animal/a carton of junk food/ your self esteem, here's a list of fairly recent romantic movies to celebrate the day of love. All are lighthearted, the majority do not take place with young kids or high school, and none have a depressing ending. You'll laugh, enjoy the hijinks, and feel a little better about love afterwards.

I mean, of course I had to!

 Yes, the whole movie is pretty much given away in the trailer. However, the Italian scenery, Amanda Seyfried's charm, and the general cuteness of the story makes this a fun, light watch.

The twist is golden. The characters are hilarious. Ryan Gosling plays a player who falls for Emma Stone. Steve Carrel and Julianne Moore are a duo. Need I say more?

If you haven't watched all of Rachael McAdam's romantic comedies, you'll enjoy this one. You'll probably enjoy it if you have, but you'll also get serious deja vu. Of course, you also get to watch Bill Weasley be adorably awkward, and Bill Nighy is Bill Nighy (aka awesome).

I liked this better than Friends with Benefits. I mean, what can go wrong with Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman? Plus, my girl Mindy Kaling has a small role in it, and she trolls Ashton Kutcher's character. I also saw this movie as Natalie Portman's way of keeping balance since this came out the same year Black Swan came out.

I actually found this movie to be totally enchanting! It's a fun, fantasy-esque romantic comedy, and the chemistry between Selena Gomez, Katie Cassidy, and Leighton Meester works well. Plus you can see one of Cory Monteith's roles outside of "Glee."

What a lovely twist on the whole zombie theme going on. The book is excellent as well. It also helps that Nicholas Hoult looks like a taller, British version of my ultimate high school crush (though in the movie he has an American accent).

A light-hearted movie that looks at what happens when two peoples' career paths compete with their relationship. Also. Mindy Kaling makes an appearance. Guys.

Best, Movie. Ever. Okay, maybe not ever, but it's up there on my favorites. From the dad to the three siblings, it's pure gold. Logan Lerman is absolutely perfect in this movie as well. Actually, I think I'm gonna go watch it now...

What's your favorite? I kept the movies from 2010 until now because if I even extended it to 2006, this list would be ten times longer. 

Image Sources in Title Links

No comments :

Post a Comment